Saturday, July 23, 2011

Herd those cats!

My homework is finished and I'm near the end of revising my paper- only to find that I have taken too much out.  My paper is now at least a page short.  Gaarrrgghhh!  What sucks is that it really is better like this.  I'm going to take the girls out but then I'll go back through my draft and add a lot of that caca back in. When my teacher gave us back our first paper (92/100) she went over some of the problems she saw.  She said there were a lot of good points and good quotes but a lack of support.  She emphasized that we have to constantly connect back to our thesis and used the metaphor of herding cats.  I think that image will stay with me forever, but in a good way.  I see all my crazy random thoughts slipping out to the sides and me trying to go back and forth herding them all through a doorway.  Not only is that a fun image but as Tracy will tell you, it is one that fits my papers well.

No comments:

Post a Comment