Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Clumsy Couple


So, this morning I walked into the bathroom as Chris was getting out of the shower.  But to be fair, I didn’t walk in.  I barged in.  I was moving too fast and I guess I surprised him, because I knocked him off balance and into the wall.  There’s a corner there, and the timing was just perfect.  He scraped his shoulder on the towel rod and stubbed his little toe on the corner.  He yelled and fell towards the counter, trying to get the weight off his foot.  His hands went down on the counter and smushed my glasses.   There was yelling and ruckus and accusations of being an elephant, but we giggled and made sad noises for my glasses, his shoulder, and his poor little toe.

I just got off the phone with the authorization lady at the eye clinic.  You’re generally not welcome at the eye clinic without an invitation, but there are some exceptions.  So tomorrow I can go in and see what’s next.  Ha ha, see what’s next.  That’s not nearly as funny as this morning when Chris called me an elephant and then added that I probably ran over him because I wasn’t wearing my glasses and couldn’t see him.

But I’m proud to announce that I’m not the only clumsy idiot in the house.  Chris is setting up to do sound for a TV show at his old venue, Studio on 4th.  His control room is the old walk-in fridge and it smells pretty rank in there, so today he brought in some incense.  Incense is not going to help, but Chris firmly believes in Nag Champa.  He’s always finding stupid little crevices to anchor incense sticks in and today he might have learned his lesson.  He was putting things back into the fridge (Don’t worry, it doesn’t work.) and forgot where he’d stuck the incense.  He backed into it.  I heard him swear behind the big, heavy door like this:

“OW!  Shit!  OW OW SHIT!”

It burned the back of his neck.  Ow shit is right.  I shook my head at the fact that he was burning incense again and said that he should not leave it burning in there.

“It’s out,” he said.

Yes, because he put it out with his neck.  We make quite a team, don’t we?

No comments:

Post a Comment