Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The timer's going off

Hello, did you miss me?

I just finished a dancing workout on the Wii.  I was looking for Zumba DVDs to practice with at home, and found out that Blockbuster classifies Zumba under Colonialism (Wha-huh?) but also that I can rent Wii games!  Perhaps I am slow, but I did not realize this.

I did not find a Zumba game at the store, but I did find Just Dance 4, which has an assortment of songs I do not know, plus some random gems by Barry White, Stevie Wonder, The B-52s, and They Might Be Giants.  I will have to go play around in there some more and apologize to my neighbors and explain that I'm not actually epileptic.  I haven't even ventured out of the Easy ratings yet, so the seizures may intensify.

This gym membership is not going to waste, but I'm hopeful to be able to feel comfortable dropping in on any of the Zumba classes.  This is where my counselor would laugh and remind me that it's never going to feel comfortable and I have to go anyway.  Well, at least I can get in a little practice at home where I can shake my behind with more exuberance.

I keep waiting for enough time to accomplish something.  Strangely enough, that doesn't happen.  I feel less motivated by the day, which tells me that it is even more urgently necessary for me to take action.  It's time to make a plan and knock out the steps towards something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment