Thursday, November 14, 2013

Just the hum of the refrigerator

It's not late yet, but it feels that way.  I'm already yawning- it will be an early night for me- and I am contemplating a warm bath.  I have been feeling very torn over whether to go or stay, what to do with my beloved stuff, weighing my love for my small city and beautiful apartment against being back in my circle and making some serious strides forward in my debt...

It's hard to figure this out.  It's hard to decide, and I have already committed and reconsidered many times.  Tonight I was walking out the door to go to Zumba when my cousin called, and it was one of those conversations that makes you glad you didn't just make plans to call back.  In a nutshell, she laid it out for me- sliced right through my but this and but thats.  Entirely logical, with just the right amount of spiritual insight and encouragement.  I took Riley and charged around the block to make up for at least some of my lack of exercise.

Now I'm spending some quiet time before I go do some Spanish lessons on Duolingo.  It's free, you know.


The animals are napping nearby, and I feel calm and happy.  For now.  Check with me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment