Thursday, January 9, 2014

LAAAUUUGGGHHHHndry

The dryer in my building is busted AGAINAARRRRGGGHHHH.  Worked fine Tuesday night, when I was washing easy things to dry, like socks and underwear.  It was a test run.  So what gives, dryer, when I go to wash my jeans?  I called the outside maintenance company myself this time, and totally refrained from saying snotty things like, "How about you actually fix it this time?"  God, what an asshole.  Can you imagine?  I get all rage filled sometimes.  I had another test run, this time for the conversation when calling in the work order.  I got all my nastiness out and reminded myself that this is a minor inconvenience, and I regularly waste more money than I lost to the dryer.  I used my experience in my job to remind myself to keep it brief, relevant, and unaccusatory.  Snide-free.  I was mostly good, I'm happy to report.  Still need some practice, though.  You know how brief and relevant I can be, ha ha.  Also, people in call centers do not find your jokes about things not working to be funny.  I already know this, and was totally unable to help myself.  Jenny the Jerk.

I just applied for a job that would require me to be reasonably computer savvy, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to abandon my practice of slamming the mouse around and crying when the computer doesn't work.  I haven't actually cried over it in a while, but it has been known to happen.  Oh my.  My work computer slows down like crazy and thinks really hard around the same time every day.  What a great opportunity to practice reacting like a sane person, huh?  Such zen does not yet exist in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment