Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Now it's a hot mess.

Well, it's been an interesting week.

Things are starting to move a little; inspiration is striking. I've had some interesting conversations and on Monday, signs. I followed them and saw into windows of what's coming and how fast it can happen.

I'm feeling pretty calm- content with my plan and looking forward to whatever messes it up next. I've got my plans, my plans with friends, and my plans to make more friends. Speaking of which, my counselor was horrified by the idea of an introverts meetup group and forbid me to go again. She said SHE wanted to go so she could admonish them all. The funny thing is that they are the only group I have seen whose regular activity is to meet up somewhere just to talk to each other- no other activity. I finally went to one because they were having brunch, which meant there would be something to do, but it was still pretty awkward. Everyone was agreeing that eating was less awkward than doing nothing, and that they should do that more often.

I got invited to a friend's house for Valentine's Day to watch a movie and eat pizza. AND I can bring Riley, so I'm all kinds of happy about that.

I wanted to share this picture with you:

 
Looks a bit bare, doesn't it? This is from October 2012, when Dad came to visit, and it was about a week after I moved in.

And no, I don't look horribly amused. I suppose I couldn't help it. I remember thinking- as early along as November- that I was supposed to be further along in the process, and feeling like a wimp for being so hurt. I can't remember how I felt in October. Actually, I can't remember much about October, just feeling like I woke up somewhere in November, wondering what the hell just happened.

If I had been planning ahead, I would have a picture that shows you what my place looks like now, but Jennyway...

Not much time left at work today, thankfully. I just introduced myself to a vet by saying: "Call Center, this is Jenny, I'm non-medicated..." Well, let's hope so. It's unseasonably warm (Sorry, East Coasters. I wish we had your snow.), so I'm looking forward to a long walk with Riley when I get home. Maybe the universe will be sending more signs for us to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment