Monday, January 5, 2015

Jenny's Pennies

Not a good week for financial news. Macy's apparently never started a fraud report on that jerk's shopping spree, so I got to spend an hour on the phone with them today, plus the time I spent at the register yesterday. Today I got a bill for the loan that was supposedly paid by my credit union. If that's not aggravating enough, I also got a call from some poor Wells Fargo schmuck with what has to be one of the worst jobs ever. He told me I was a VERY valued customer and he could offer me a much better interest rate than the credit union on my loans. Dude, the credit union just gave me not 16.25%, but 16.25% LESS than WF, so go ahead and hang up on me now.

The thing that sucks about this is that it makes you so angry, you just want to shake somebody. If only you could have WF's CEO standing next to you when you make your third attempt with the automated customer service agent. The trouble is, they'd have to give a shit. The only people in your line of fire are the people who are trying to help you more than you realize. They hate the bullshit too.

Today at work, some guy pestered us very politely for use of our phone. It's normally a no, but we occasionally relent for one-time deals. This guy called somebody in Alabama and asked for money for a room. Whoever was on the other line said he could only offer prayers.

Jesus.

Well, now that I have depressed myself...

It's good that I couldn't get through to WF tonight. I'll call them tomorrow and make sure to breathe and be nice and not yell at the automated customer service agent. Maybe they can help me out a little. The Macy's guy did all the work that somebody else didn't, and swears the amount is flagged and I won't get charged for fees or being over my limit. Maybe I'll talk to some WF angel tomorrow and they'll offer me some waived fees. Maybe they'll only offer me prayers. If so, I'll grit my teeth, fork it over, and do my damnedest to swallow any shitty, sarcastic comments about W(t)F.

WHATEVER. I'm so much better off than I could be. I almost danced with delight today when I checked with HR and found I'm almost done with my military buyback. I was prepared to pay it all now and let any overages come back in my check, but now I've got to pay the croupier. But I also got notice that my W2 is waiting, so I'll file that about immediately. Money flows in and money flows out- like water, like air. I'm doing fine.

On a loosely related note, I saw an ad in the canteen today about deals on tires and picked one up. Then I refilled my Diet Cokey cup and went to check out. I told my buddy at the register that I had just spilled soda on my tire flyer and we giggled like 10-year-olds because the day was almost over and we were tired and unexpected rhymes are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment