Saturday, February 20, 2016

Some exercise is good for distraction

There are too many places to document my life, I think.

Went to see Deadpool last night with Amanda and Natalia in the fantastic assigned recliner seating at the fancy theater. Then we went for beer and ice cream. Today is yoga and tennis and then Ant's supposed to come with help to pick up his things. I was in a class for the past two days learning about conflict resolution, and my coworker helped me clarify again that no- I did not give up on this teenager, he chose to leave. And I am teaching him good things by holding my ground. It goes against my instincts because my default is to cave. I did not cave. And it didn't come from a place of anger or frustration, though there was plenty. It came from love and self-preservation. No more sacrificing everything for someone else. I said I wouldn't, and I didn't.

I may need some minor retail therapy. Sarah and I are going to fit in some thrift store shopping, and I'm going to rearrange some furniture and purge and reorganize a bit. A little bit of good change to go along with my sad change.

And honestly, all he ever wanted was to be enrolled in school and live with Kirsten. I probably won't ever think that's a good plan, but he could have done this months ago right after he started school. He did try.

Alright, so onward with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment