Thursday, February 10, 2011

Productivity ran out towards the end of the blog.

I feel like I am accomplishing a lot.  Today I crossed out the last two items on my to-do list... and then added four more BUT I did pretty damn good this week, thank you very much.  Of course, Tracy and Dad are wondering where the hell I've been.  Busy.  I've been busy.

Today I figured out roughly how long it should take me to do all the homework and studying I need to do this weekend.  What I came up with was 18 hours or, in more manageable terms, 6 hours a day tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday.  That will be interesting, but I think that gives me a good framework.  I usually do a half hour of studying, half hour of chores.  My counselor laughed at this because she remembers being thrilled to go fold laundry- anything is better than studying.

Speaking of laundry, I may go do that this weekend.  There isn't much, which would be nice, and Ant did his own laundry at the laundry room here.  We don't go there because they get enough of our money, but Ant is crafty.  He firmly believes that if he does his own laundry here, he won't have to carry ours upstairs. I see his logic, but good luck convincing Daddy...

I finally wore my new $7 purple shoes today.  I couldn't figure out what they would go with and I worried that they would hurt my feet but good news!  They are so cute they go with everything.  I have decided it so.  And they fit nicely and are so comfy.  I love.  Make me happy.

I took the boys to the used book bag sale last weekend and their interest lasted all of thirty seconds.  I picked out several items for Ant and a few for me, including this book called something like Everything About Life You Were Never Taught or something like that.  I thought it would be filled with useful information like how to bait a fishhook and how to string a guitar and how to find water in the desert and what to do if the pilot dies, but instead it's filled with a bunch of generalized foo-foo ca-ca about embracing life and loving yourself and blah blah blah.  YOOS-less.  Oh well, I might have spent twenty cents on it.  I got Ant a magazine on pugs, his favorite kind of dog, and a book on skateboarding tricks.

Last night I woke up and my hand hurt so bad I wanted to cry.  Lately I have had to wear the wrist brace at night or my hand is in awful pain or totally numb.  Today I made an appointment to go back to the orthopedic guy at the VA.

"Let's see," said the clerk.  "First available is... tomorrow at 10.  If you can't make that I have... May."

Hmm.  I'll take tomorrow, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment