Friday, August 17, 2012

Irrelevant but amusing

The bathroom on my floor has a latch that doesn't quite close, so you just have to push on the door to open it. My afternoon break coincides with the cleaning guy's arrival, though, so I have to go downstairs to the other bathroom to pee. The latch down there works, so every day there's a loud bang as I run into the door. You'd think I would learn.

I won't use the word "irony" to describe anything because I am just not clear enough on its usage. There is a whole website where people try to determine whether something is ironic or not and the answers are determined by the percentage of opinion instead of some clear definition, so it looks like I should have majored in math. Periodically I present situations that could possibly be examples of irony to the smart people in my life and it just so happens that those people read my blog. (Eh? Eh? Thank you, I'll be here all night.) So here's the situation that may or may not be an example of irony:

I was trying to type out that bathroom door thing on my way back in from my break. I was walking slowly, trying to finish before I went in. I hovered just long enough to finish the last line and someone came charging out... I got hit by a door while writing about running into a door. Yeah, maybe not so much ironic as idiotic, but it made me laugh. Big dummy.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment