Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So far

This was Christmas dinner. We had steak, twice-baked potatoes, green bean casserole, and nicely decorated gingerbread cookies. Ok, some more so than others.

I got a nice new tea kettle, sheets with a funky pattern, crazy jewelry, a shoe store gift card, a vase that I cannot describe and must take a picture of, some lounge-y pants and sweatshirt, snowflake pajamas, some new shirts, and a vacation with Riley. Dad and I opened presents and hung out, ate gingerbread and took naps.

Today we took Riley down to the beach and walked down a sidewalk along the ocean that was full of people, dogs, and interesting smells. Riley detected the scent of a squirrel and he was camping out in the sun in perfect stillness, confident of the fence's protection. Riley did not seem to see him, but she knew he was there. She met lots of dogs and got some exercise and lots of ocean air.

We dropped Riley at the house and went to catch Life of Pi. Excellent, interesting movie, and a neat one to see in the theater, though I'm not sure if 3D is really all that helpful. Now Dad is playing with his new shaker on his drums, and I've just finished my beer, so it's time to walk Riley around the block.

Well, I may need a gingerbread cookie first.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment