Wednesday, August 14, 2013

There's really only 2 hours to go.

Today is my at work birthday.  I got sung to several times and one lady asked me how old I'm turning.

"35," I said.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Well, you are one well-pickled woman!"


Why, thank you.  We had our monthly potluck/birthday party for myself and the other birthday girl, and we shared cake cutting duties.  I ate too much and got my cake fix.  I got a card signed by everyone and as an added bonus, one of those signers addressed me as "PBJ," the nickname he assigned me after my cubicle name tag went up.  I like it- I'll answer to that.  Ma, you should have given me the middle name of Bertha or something so that my initials would actually be JBP.  As it is, you can draw little half circles on my E, so I guess it's ok.

And that's not all.  My gym friend who became my Great Basin Brewery friend brought me green flowers and an insulated lunch bag so I can take snacks on my trip.  That was sweet and I feel very special.

Today is more than half over, I came in early and got comp time, I'll be prepping for the trip and the presentation this evening; tomorrow I leave early for my eye appointment and have a pizza date with Jody, then Friday is the presentation.  It will be here before I know it, so I'd better practice a lot.

And yes, I love that I am turning 35 and still stretching my birthday out as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment