Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Not today, sorry.

Good grief.  I really don't think that I will ever be able to understand my stress level.  John told my boss about my dad's diagnosis and they were both standing there marveling at its rarity.  Then I was telling them that my dad was told it could be an auto-immune problem, which led us to mine, and my boss just pointed out to me that my thyroid problem may not be as well sorted out as originally thought, especially if I'm tired all the time.  I tend to assign blame to myself: I'm tired because I don't eat well enough, I'm tired because I don't get enough exercise.  I think these things are probably true, and certainly wouldn't hurt to improve, but she was saying that there is recent research that indicates more specific tests are needed to show what's actually working, and my doctor said yesterday that my ever-present shin rash could be a problem from the thyroid medicine.  GREAT.  John said we'd put in a note tomorrow to my endocrinologist.  There are benefits to working with nurses.

Right now I'm struggling with the fact that I have been craving Nevada Gold since I wrote my beer blog, and I really want to go have one after work, but I do not want their delicious, rich food.  I can't just have a beer.  And I really need to go do laundry anyway.  Poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment