Thursday, March 20, 2014

So go to bed already

I didn't really want to know what time it was, but tomorrow is my last day at the call center. I'm going to sleep in on Saturday, and maybe even take a nap tomorrow evening, so I can suffer through tiredness tomorrow to write this now. I'm suddenly overwhelmed at the thought of leaving these people behind. Well, some of them. Some are my favorites, and some are not, but most are good people with some quirks who have been wonderfully supportive and kind to me. I feel like I am sailing away on a new adventure and we are no longer in the same boat. The new boat is great and there are lots of nice, welcoming people on it, but I'm sure I'll find things to complain about and I will miss my old, leaky, smelly boat. This is an uncomfortable change, but aren't they all, and I'm very anxious about a party I'm invited to tomorrow night, so I'm sure that's not helping. Someone came in today and said they've heard from a few different people now that I am the go-to person for writing and proofreading. How about that? But I would rather focus on fears and speculation about what my new boss thinks of me. This two weeks of juggling didn't really help either place, I think, but got everybody used to the idea. And come Monday, I am going to go in there with all my enthusiasm and organizational skills and figure it out, but for my last juggling day, I need to relax and trust that I will do a good job and stop anticipating the worst. You think I have no confidence, but that's no longer true. I have a little bit. I'm anxious and I'm doing it anyway (and going to the party) and it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment