Sunday, July 27, 2014

Kitty City

Sparky and I have been helping each other with home improvement projects. He's laying a concrete walkway in his backyard, and I wanted cat shelves. He put those up today.


I bought a bookshelf that he cut holes into and assembled. The top three shelves belong to Mini. He connected the shelves around the corner,


put a long walkway across the back wall, and added three steps down at the end. I'm going to put a short bookshelf over there, but for now, she can reach the couch. This is going to be my reading room. I got rid of the desk. :)

Here's the whole view now:


Who wants to be my cat in their next life?

Mini has investigated the shelves, and I think once everything calms down and I put some catnip up there like I had to on the first set, she'll be up there all the time. We have some finishing touches to go- bracing the bookshelves (which I never would have thought to do), painting the cut out parts, and Velcro-ing down some carpet pieces, and we have to add a ramp or a tiny step in the corner, but she has already been halfway up- jumping to that ledge between the bookshelves and playing there.

Excellent work, Sparky. This is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment