Saturday, July 19, 2014

Who that, who that, M-I-N-I

All week I have been looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday... so at 5:37 am, Mini sits on top of the Sirius radio, making it turn on, mute, turn on, mute... to Iggy Azalea.

Last night, the guy and I went to Food Truck Friday. It took me a long time to decide, but I finally went with a cheeseburger from V Dub's Grub and it was goooooood. It was an excellent cheeseburger to welcome me back to solid food. Of course, my jaw was very tired, but that's because I haven't been chewing on much of anything for a week. After dinner, we went back and sampled some desserts- the weirdest of which was basil ice cream. Mmmmm? Mmm... ? Mmmmmmm... ?

I had the stitches taken out on Thursday. They had apparently already fallen out on the left side (and I don't remember seeing them during my salt water rinses, which means I swallowed them, EWWWWWWWW), so the dentist only had to cut and pull out the stitches on the right side. That felt so weird and awful and skeevy. I thought that would be the worst of it, but then he told me that he was going to poke around blindly on the left side to make sure no stitches were still in. THAT was not fun. He made commiserating noises and apologized, but uggghhhhh. I left with a most disturbing feeling on both sides, and it took a while for me to stop thinking about it and getting grossed out and upset. I had to call Tracy and tell her about it so we could both make skeeved out noises.

Yesterday I was running very late. Actually, I was struggling through this whole week. Wednesday, I only had my youth volunteer who is new, so all I could do all day was field questions and juggle. Thursday, I had a rough morning- got dog poop on my hand, forgot my wallet, dropped my Diet Coke... had to stop and actually say, "Waaahhhh!" before I could get my ass to work. But yesterday, I was running late and the Mission: Impossible theme was playing just as I was looking for parking, so I parallel parked like a totally efficient badass. Can you imagine my action movie? Hopping around on the sidewalk to avoid stepping on ants as I'm trying to rush into the building... finding an unattended bag that might be a veteran's, might be a bomb... having an increasing urgency to use the bathroom and being intercepted by multiple questions: "Excuse me, but where is physical therapy?" "Hi, I'd like to get signed up for My HealtheVet." or "I'm new. Can you explain the entire VA system to me?"  My day goes fast, that's for sure.

So now it's 6:46 and the cat has given up on asking me to feed her, so I feel like I can do that now. I spend all week training her to eat at 6, then she wants to do the same on the weekends, what gives? ;) Normally, I will just get up to feed her and go back to bed, but this 5:30 nonsense is going to stop. Iggy Azalea, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment