Saturday, February 28, 2015

Less shitty association

The last time I sat at this restaurant, it was after a comedy show. Chris and I went to this show because his coworker's boyfriend was part of the show. The show was fine, but another one of his coworkers joined us afterwards at the restaurant. Chris sat next to her- a chair apart from me. That felt pretty awful, of course, but I tried to behave as if nothing was wrong. But then he grabbed her hand and I just died. I can tell you that shit is never going to happen to me again, but if it did, I would leave this time. I remember losing my shit at him on the way home, and he ridiculed me for the accusation. Dude had some balls, huh?

Earlier tonight I said the last time I'd been to a comedy show was 2006, but I forgot about that one. Forgot until I sat down in here. I knew it, just didn't realize I was tying these subconscious associations to this place.

I cannot believe the shit...

Jennyway. I went to a comedy show tonight, then went out to a bar afterwards with my friend, who unintentionally set me up with her recently widowed neighbor. Nevermind that he's at least 65- he asked me out. Well, it was a night out. And I am consciously cutting the tie on this place, now that I know it's there. Now it's the place I escaped to- a safe haven with 24 hour breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment