Sunday, April 5, 2015

Nest Eggs

Happy Easter!

Today I started out all pissed off when I found out the price went up on the washer and dryer in my building. This, in addition to my annual rent increase, did not make me happy. I had to put on real clothes, go out, and find an open store on Easter Sunday to get the one frigging quarter I needed to finish my laundry. GAAAGGHHH!

But.

I got the stupid quarter, I have clothes for the week, I took Miss Riley to PetSmart, made lunch, cleaned my place, talked to the fam, drank a Diet Coke, finished an audiobook, boiled eggs, dyed eggs, hid eggs. That was Dad's great idea. Facebook friends are having fun looking, and you can too! What's awesome is that all evening, no one has ruined the game.

I got to celebrate Easter in a neat way this year. I also made a little hamsteak, some fancy mac n cheese, and broccoli, so that felt very Eastery too. Then I watched Thief, and soon I will get ready for bed. This Sunday started out poopy, but I'm not sure if it's possible to feel more content at this moment.

I've been kind of cranky lately- feeling like the things I want will always be out of reach. Even if I know better, I can't help feeling that way sometimes. The accomplishments feel small compared with the anxiety they hold when they are still tasks to be completed. Mom stopped to acknowledge two important ones today, and I see that I have got to celebrate them- treat them like the big deal they are. In honor of that, here's a big one: on Thursday, I went to the dentist... with dental insurance... that I paid for.

I don't think I have ever done that, unless you count the Air Force, which I don't. If that's not enough- while I was in the chair, I was informed that I needed more than they'd estimated, and my copay would be double. I was able to tell them no problem- proceed as necessary. Clearly, things are getting better financially. I will get where I want to, and come up with new, more extravagant goals. In the meantime, I will try harder to remember that this isn't bad, and it's not just good- it's actually pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment