Friday, May 22, 2015

Spoke too soon

Well, I was doing good with my trip blogging.

Alright, so Saturday, Dana, Nik, and I went out to breakfast. The food was fantastic, but that is always such a theme when I visit San Diego that I consider that a requirement now.

These pictures are all out of order since they're from different people's phones, but that first one is Riley hiding under Dana and giving me the stink eye because I'm cuddling Nik's dogs. We sat in Nik's house and talked a long while before and after breakfast, and I learned that Dana is unbelievably sweet, kind, understanding, and nonjudgmental.

We eventually made our way to Dad's, stopping for fuel on the way. Some dickhead very intentionally cut us off to get to the pumps first. Dana yelled "Asshole!" so loud that I could hear her plainly in a separate vehicle. She is sweet and kind and tolerant... but can still make quick assessments as needed.

2nd pic- at Dad's... Hell, this might have been Thursday.

3rd pic- at breakfast

4th pic- Saturday night at the dinner table. Nik's husband Rob just deployed, so I'm drinking his beer so it won't go bad. I'm willing to make these kinds of important sacrifices to support the troops.

5th pic- That's Snoopy investigating, and Brees trying to climb into our laps.

6th pic- Brees is the kind of dog that needs love so bad that she will not let a crossed leg deter her.

We saw a few of Dad's friends, drank alcohol, and ate grilled food.

No comments:

Post a Comment