Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Just hit the ball, honey.

I am way too tired to be composing a blog right now, but I just wanted to say that I am having fun, running around, learning new things, and that I am dirty, sweaty, and slightly bruised. Cristine, Kristen, and Amanda have all played a lot of softball, and the goal in our practices is to refresh them and teach me. It was a little unnerving today, because after our practice hitting and fielding, it was time to teach me about running the bases. I got to put my running on display. This was very difficult for me, as I feel like I run like a T-Rex. They deemed my running totally acceptable and non-dinosaur, and discussed whether I was underselling or just way too modest. They explained the base running decision making process, which I furrowed my brow at and asked questions about until I felt I understood just enough to not be able to retain it. Kristen then said my favorite thing ever about what it's like teaching me to play softball. "This would be much easier if she wasn't smart." She has said lots of funny, encouraging remarks about my efforts and athletic skills in this endeavor, but that one's my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment