Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Day in San Diego

Christmas morning, I had to borrow insulin from Dad, because I brought the almost empty vial instead of the full one. I have to bring a LOT with me, so it's understandable, plus this is the first trip I've been on since starting on the pump. I knew he had all the same stuff, so it would be ok if I forgot something, but it was still amusing.

Ant opened his presents early so we could get him to the train. We were just leaving the neighborhood as the caravan pulled in (they were trying to get 8 people up, out of the house and on the road for a 45 minute drive in time to see Ant off), so Rob hopped out and dug through the stockings (actually big overstuffed gift bags) for Ant's, everyone called their love and well wishes and we headed out.

When we returned, we ate quiche and opened presents for the next few hours, then everyone pulled up a corner of a couch or the floor and took a nap.

I got really spoiled. In addition to my immediate family's generosity, Kate drew my name and did some really nice things for me, and those stockings were insane.

Dad had an injection in his hand to break up the collagen buildup that was curling his fingers in. After 24 hours, he went back in and the doctor manipulated his hand. It was gross to watch, but his hand is straight again.

I got the dough rolled out, cut and baked during the Christmas movie- I squeezed in after the pies and before the ham. Holy shit- ham, turkey, homemade mac and cheese, broccoli cheese casserole, roasted carrots and cauliflower. We were all so stuffed that half of us took another walk. I started icing the gingerbread too late for much participation, so Dad and Rich helped. Emily and Kyle want to help decorate, so I'll do the rest today. Right now I've got to get ready to join Dad at yoga so we can eat fried chicken and waffles tonight. Good grief. I may have to take up running just to keep up with all this food.

No comments:

Post a Comment