Saturday, February 6, 2016

Maybe less plants, but definitely not a storage area for half finished home improvement projects.

The thing I like about this puzzle is that it makes me think about what I want my house to look like. I doubt I could keep that many plants alive, and I can do without the doll, but doesn't it look like a great place to drink some iced tea and read a book? And of course, work on a puzzle with lots of kitty interruptions.

I went out last night with my friend Lena, her husband, and his friend. We went to the batting cages, and would you believe I hit probably half of the softball pitches? Something stuck, or maybe tennis is helping. So the guys wanted to try the 65 mph baseball pitches, and each tried a round or two, then urged me in. I hit none of those, but they said I got very close. I swung at some baseball pitches!

I also got very drunk at our next stop, which was a bar with pool tables. We played cutthroat and I won one game, but the beer and fun conversation took over and Lena's husband creamed us for the next three games. I had a fantastic time and Lena drove all us drunkies home. That last beer was a 10% called Dirty Wookie. It knocked me on my ass, but I still got up this morning and met my friend for yoga at 9, picked up my car, practiced tennis for an hour and a half, returned to the bar to retrieve my bank card (No, future self, you do not want to start a tab.), and finished the lovely puzzle below. Now it's forced editing time, and setting up the laptop in my room so I can watch Trainwreck tomorrow morning instead of accomplishing anything. I think the hangover is just catching up with me now.

I think I included a picture the other day of mustache bookmarks and Ant's note to me. Those moments make me happy, and remind me of who he is under the always occupying, aggravating teenager layer.

Not enough hours in the day. And tomorrow's evening will be occupied, which will be fun, but I will also mourn my quiet time. I feel like I don't have much of that anymore, and I keep thinking I'll schedule nothing for a weekend just so I can lie on the couch and watch some movies, but I never do. This is better, though. I had a lot of fun last night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment