Thursday, February 4, 2016

The messed up eye is already asleep

I feel so discombobulated. I've been taking too many road trips and juggling and the laundry piled up thanks to the missing quarter problem and I feel like I need a boring weekend so I can do some chores and take a damn nap.

Tonight I played an hour of tennis and reheated lasagna for dinner. Afterwards, Ant offered a deal: "Will you do the dishes if I unload the dishwasher?" Deal. He showed me that he had already washed the lasagna pan as requested, and added "...but I need to wash that again because I disagree with the job I did..."

Today, Chris met up with me to get the one form we're missing for our guardianship agreement. We talked a lot about Ant and his plans. That was good, and hopefully I already told you about the woman at the free legal clinic and how awesome she is and how I'm sure she's got better things to do than write documents for former stepmothers, even ones who were veterans.

Just before I pass out and drop the phone, I want to tell you this piece that cracked me up. I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts, Risk, and this episode was a live show. Kevin, the host, was doing one his fantastic transitions between stories and said sometimes people take pictures during the show and tweet them. He said sometimes he sees them while he's backstage during a story and thinks, "What the fuck am I wearing?"

I ask myself that question often, and I love that his revelation doesn't come years or weeks later- it's immediate. Then he said the New York Post wrote this about him: Kevin Allison got the queer, just not the eye.

Speaking of eyes, mine is all fucked up again. I am starting to wonder if it's stress induced. Jennyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment