Sunday, June 5, 2016

Hanging out to dry

Apartment living is usually fine, but sometimes poopy. Today it's annoying because there are 11 people and one washer and dryer, and everybody in the free world has to work the same stupid schedule. I am also frustrated because the price on that stupid washer and dryer just went up AGAIN and I suspect somebody here smokes inside their apartment because this year when I turn on my AC, it smells like cigarettes in here. Big heaving sigh...

All the more reason to keep making hefty progress on the stupid debt. I'm on track and it's funny- I keep thinking I can't make these hefty extra payments because what if something happens... but then I point out to myself that part of my goal is to have the credit card available for such emergencies and I do have money in savings. It's just a foreign idea to me to have access to those things, because I have lived so long without them. For the past few years, I was just too close to the bone, and before that, well... you know.

I'm very proud of myself for getting to this point. It is a slow process, to be sure. I expect to actually be able to move next year, and my plan has a lot more shape and seems very realistic now. Getting tired of apartment living is part of the process, and I've been pretty patient. I do love a lot about this place, and it is still my cozy home, but I am looking forward to taking my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment