Thursday, January 5, 2017

Finally

I love listening to organizational podcasts because they motivate me. I'm off today and I slept in, ate a small, reasonable breakfast at home, then puttered around, cleaning the kitchen. I came across an episode about organizing your kitchen drawers that was only 16 minutes long. Now, the idea is not to complete the task during the podcast- it's supposed to be a week long task, but I only have four drawers total, so I thought I'd be able to do all four or at least the trick drawer in that time.
I put a label on the trick drawer, because it has many victims, including me, and after the last time everything fell out, I didn't care enough to sort it. This may have been in July. Of course, things were going to hell this summer with Miss Riley, so looking back, it makes sense that I didn't care to fix it.
Yes, it feels amazing to finally have this fixed. Yes, it only took maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Yes, it has been a source of negative energy for months. But instead of feeling bad about myself, I'm thinking about how nice that will feel (until it dumps again) and that whatever the source of bad feelings, I can trust that it will be fixed in time. It's easy to say just fix it, Jenny, but sometimes there are other things at play that don't seem that relevant at the time- perfectly valid reasons that make a messy drawer seem inconsequential in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment