Wednesday, April 24, 2019

More tennis lessons

Tennis was great! I'm not moving real fast and I promptly crashed, but it was really nice to be out there again, and these are beautiful courts. I set up a regular time and just like that incorporated some planned exercise into my life. And you know how much I like my life lessons from tennis, so here you go:

Take small steps
Maintain the right amount of distance
Keep your eye on the ball

In other tennis as it relates to life news, I learned that I once again wrote a completely untrue story to explain a gap and punish myself even though Brene Brown told me not to. It makes me think of another situation I'm not going to tell you about where I was telling my therapist what happened and stopped, saying "Hey, you'll be shocked to hear that I figured out a way to blame myself for this."

On a further related note, talking to my boss today, I confessed to dropping the ball on something and she was just not having my self-flagellation. She knew it couldn't be as bad as I thought, and it turns out there were legitimate reasons why I didn't see it (yet another thing I'm not telling, but this time because it's irrelevant- see, I'm learning) and we ended up deciding that you have to let go of the ball in order to juggle. Yeah, see I was just juggling. That's a better story.

No comments:

Post a Comment