Thursday, June 2, 2011

An afternoon off.

Quick post before I go find some lunch.  I had my last Children's Literature class this morning.  We finished early, which is wonderful.  I read my story to the class and I'm a little freaked out about leaving it with the teacher until Monday.  Of course I finished it around 1 AM so I did not take pictures.  But now I really want to show you.  :(  I had Chris read it last night and he really liked it.  He laughed and had a grin on the whole time, so that's my first review.  Tracy has been my editor for many papers but I don't think we have ever gone back and forth so much about something I've written.  Thanks to her help (Seriously, thank you.) the story felt really pared down and simple, but wrapped up nicely.  I was so deep in it that I couldn't tell what it looked like so it was so incredibly valuable to have her guidance.  Now I'm annoyed because I want to be an editor but she's got a serious ability for this.  I told her we ought to team up and be an editing team.

I only have a couple hours before Ant's dentist appointment so I'm not going into work.  I think I'll spend the afternoon reading.  Or maybe I'll try to finish the book arts project.  Yeah, I'm not done with that yet.  But I look forward to sharing both projects with you ASAP.  Today though... today might just call for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment