Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fruity West Coast Hippies

I didn't want to kill myself in Ceramics today!


I decided to start simple.  The teacher came over and told me my slabs were perfect and the window was open.  (Thanks?)  Then he told me I knew what I was doing and didn't need his help.  Ohhhhhh rilly...

Last night Chris and I took the dogs and some food to Mayberry and had a lovely cookout.  It had finally cooled off and the dogs did not feel the need to bathe in the river so we just played in the grass.  The chicken was wonderful.  We had hot dogs that we shared with our eager and suddenly very friendly dogs.  We also had cheese puffs and a vegetable platter.  Strangely enough, we demolished the veggies and not the cheese puffs.  Perhaps we were inspired by all the crunchy granola types that live in that area.  We drove around yesterday afternoon before the cookout looking for houses to rent.  We kept seeing scraggly guys in straw cowboy hats riding bicycles with tattooed pink haired women.  Several of the women had baskets on their bicycles.  We kept giggling about what the requirements might be to live in that neighborhood.  I told him he'd have to wear Jesus shoes; he said I wasn't tattooed enough.  We'd get jumped if we didn't recycle.

"Thankfully you are anal enough about recycling," he said.

"Didn't you have a straw cowboy hat?" I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment