Friday, September 9, 2011

A prize goes to anyone who can decipher this riddle.

I started my new English class.  It's taught by my advisor but run by the independent learning program.  This program is separate from the regular classes, and just signing up is unnecessarily complicated.  There are all sorts of weird requirements and limitations, but my advisor has been teaching through this program for several years and has the final authority over his own class.  He said he intervenes on behalf on his students all the time, and that I should just let him know about any questions or problems I have.

I read the syllabus, then the rules for the program.  I know they limit the number of lessons I can turn in per week, but then I came across these puzzling guidelines:

"Number of submissions allowed per week (Monday to Sunday): alternate 2, 2, then 4"


I emailed my advisor to ask him what on earth that meant.  Here is his reply:


Yeah, Jenny, send in 1-4. I can explain the 2, 2, then 4 but I have to refresh my Babylonian widget and consult with sociopathic psychics first. Just fire away with those lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment