Wednesday, April 11, 2012

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/15131

It's obviously a slow day at work.

This article inspired me to take more pictures.  I think the idea of taking a picture every day is impressive indeed and it got me thinking about what I might take a picture of if I wanted to sum up the day.  Lately I have had many moments I wanted to share and could not reduce it enough for a Facebook update.  I would seriously like to dump a lot of "friends" so I could feel more free to post things that the people closest to me would be interested to know.  Ant keeps telling me how he doesn't have many friends and I tell him that nobody has 600 friends- most people have a very small circle of friends that they are really close with.  That circle changes, too, depending on what's going on in your life and who you see day to day.  I got a letter from Rachel the other day and she called herself my "East Coast Friend."  I feel lonely out here and I do spend most days in my own little cocoon, not talking to anybody but the dogs.  Say what you will about that, but they are always very excited to see me.

Yeah, so Rachel and I are reduced to letters for a while.  We do hold out hope that we can be in the same nursing home together.  And maybe working means that I'll have vacation time and enough money to go visit her in secret at some point.  It was unbelievably fortunate that she could come stay with us for two months back in 2006.  It does suck to live so far away, but let me tell you over and over how much I love being here.  When I go back to the East Coast, I'm happy to see the people I love, but I'm always reminded of how much I don't want to live there.

But back to these photos.  I'm intrigued by this idea and what occurred to me is that I do not take enough pictures.  Our camera is a little too fancy to be carting around everywhere and the camera in my phone takes a picture about 10 seconds too late.  Then there's the storage/organization issue.  Different cameras, different locations, boyfriend making off with hard drives and computer screens...  I need to look into this cloud thing.  That's what kills me about digital cameras- I have ended up with fewer pictures because they're stored everywhere.  At least in a shoebox you know it's all there, even if it's terribly disorganized.  Yeah, I need to figure out that cloud thing.  But that was a boring paragraph.

After reading the article, I thought of important days and what I might have photographed to document them.  And what about the other days?  I want to try.  I need an art project anyway.  I'm sure I'll be a big flake and abandon this idea after about 3 days (if that) but working in a cubicle is making me feel like a zombie.  Maybe I will post my photo project here and that will in turn inspire me to write more.  It's a win-win!  Just don't make fun of me when I forget all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment