Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jenny Deere

I was talking to a guy this morning who was very nice and a little confused, so I took some extra time to make sure everything was clear.  By the end of the conversation, we'd straightened everything out and he was pretty happy.

"You have been so helpful," he said.  "What is your name?"
"I'm Jenny," I said.

"Jenny!  What a perfect name for you.  Jennys are reliable.  See, that's what you would want to name a tractor."

I laughed pretty hard at that.  Allow me to remind you again that the female version of a jackass is a jenny.  Apparently I belong on a farm.  I can totally envision that, by the way.  Who knows- I'm already baking my own bread and my next project is learning how to make pickles.  I don't even like pickles!  Chris would be on board- I can tell you that.  He is already trying to grow squash and tomatoes.  He would love to live on a farm and I have always wanted a goat.

But Jennyway, I will live on that compliment for weeks, at least.  Especially on what he said next:

"Everybody should be lucky enough to have a Jenny."

I concur- even if he meant a tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment