Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Night Out with Jenea

Jenny: ...then I watched Serpico-

Jenea: What's that?

Jenny: A famous Al Pacino cop movie from the 70s.

Jenea: Oh, I don't watch movies older than the 80s; they look weird.

And later:

"Are those people gay? Anyway..." (carries on conversation)

She was telling people we were Jenny A and Jenny 1 and reminded me that this is what our stepsons collectively dubbed us. Not Jenny A and Jenny B, Jenny 1 and Jenny 2, but while looking for a way to know which Jenny they were referring to, decided we would be known as Jenny A and Jenny 1. I forgot about that.

There was a guy there- a friend of the people we were hanging out with- and Jenea told me he was eyeballing her. He came to say goodbye to her, then turned to me.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you look just like the girl from The Big Bang-"

"STOP!" commanded Jenea. "Shut up, don't say it! That is not true and it's not a compliment!" Then the three of us girls had a discussion about where the resemblance could be.

Sarah said, "People used to tell me I looked like Jennifer Love Hewitt, which I clearly do not, but we had the same haircut. I think it's the hair and maybe the shape of your face."

"And the glasses," I added.

Jenea goes, "Who do I look like with my fluffy hair?"

"You have Nicole Kidman hair," said Sarah.

"I have a giant forehead and the rest of my face is smushed down," said Jenea. "I look like a chihuahua."

I cracked up and the guy- who had been just standing there through all that- said he would leave before he got in any more trouble. Jenea rolled her eyes, turned back to us and said:

"He gave me that look as soon as he came in. I can't describe it, but I know it when I see it. I was like, oh shit, he wants to put it in my butt."

I was pretty exhausted after trying some yoga that morning, going on two long dog walks, 45 errands, then making gingerbread dough and dinner, but she made me laugh so hard that I had to write this stuff down, and I drove home in a significantly better mood.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment