Monday, December 10, 2012

Why is it so quiet in here?

Somewhere under my bed is the ring from the milk jug, which Solo pulled out of the recycle bin to play with. The ultimate cat toy.

The other pet related item is about the ottoman. Mom got me an ottoman for the living room and I've been carrying it back and forth to the bedroom because Riley is old and sometimes can't jump up on the bed. Most of the time yes, sometimes no. She often ignores the ottoman when I bring it in, jumping directly on the bed with ease. Other times she looks grateful.

I finally found a cheap, basic storage ottoman and was able to buy it with a gift card. I moved Riley's bed a little ways away from the bed and put the ottoman between them. I showed her where to go and she used the new step and climbed up on the bed, where she stayed for a while, curled up with me and Solo. At some point, as usual, she decided to head to her own bed. She used her stair. :D

Chris came over tonight to install the Sirius radio in my car. We talked about us and what happened and we talked about everything else and I feel more sure now that it's done than I have so far. I'm sure you're all relieved, but I'm just asking you for some time to let me grieve my love and the life we had together. He knows what he lost and I'm glad to see him acknowledge it. We agreed to tell each other our feelings through this and to be kind. Against almost everyone's advice, I have honored our agreement and I'm glad I did. It's hard, but it's more honest and fair than we were to each other when we were together. It hurts like mad, but I feel calm for now. Who knows what I'll feel like tomorrow, but tonight I feel quiet. It feels like I said goodbye.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment