Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thought I should put all those twelves in there somewhere...

Today is our holiday lunch.  I declined to participate because my funds are low and they wanted $10 a person.  The flier said the food would be from “El Pollo Local” (snicker snicker) and I figured I’d just bring my lunch today.  I didn’t say why I was declining, but two coworkers came up to me at different times to invite me to come and eat anyway.  “There’s plenty,” they said.  How nice, huh?

So yesterday

Hmm.  121212121212 passed by and I didn’t even care notice.

So yesterday around noon, my boss came to ask whether I’d gotten this particular email in June.  Why, yes!  I have no idea what you’re talking about.  Turns out, there’s this mandatory form we have to fill out and submit to a board and ask them to consider moving us up a grade.  Someone in HR contacted my boss and told her that all her new people were missing this thing, and it needed to be done by today.  Niiiiice.  Quick!  Where are my writing skills?

Oh, let me whip out a justification on why I deserve a promotion.  Where’s my performance evaluation?  At home.  Where’s my resume?  Floating around online.  What are my accomplishments?  Uhhhh…

In true procrastinator fashion, I pulled it together with no notice.  I had a hell of a time yesterday, trying to locate and update everything.  This morning I wrote the justification and just now, my boss came over.  She said it was excellent and she was on her way to hand it in.

“Do you want to add anything?” she asked.

Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment