Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sister time!

I have not blogged because there has been no time! We are worn out.

Wednesday: picked Tracy up from the airport, went to dinner, hit CVS, hit Winco, hit the hay.

Thursday: started early at the VA to show my blood sugar readings with the specialty pharmacist. Tracy respectfully stopped eating her cinnamon bun while we discussed my diabetes. Then we had breakfast at Squeeze In, walked Riley, ran errands, went to dog class, ate dinner, then took a vigilante trip to my old (old) neighborhood. There was this young tree that had been tied to hold it up, but it had outgrown this support and was being pulled over. And no, it was not a topiary effort, just forgotten about by everyone but me. We cut it free and it was happy. Yay!

Friday: got up and took Riley for a good walk, then drove into California, stopping to check out the Donner memorial. We drove out to Fairfield for the Jelly Belly Factory tour, sampled some candy, then drove back to Sacramento to browse through (just the marketplace section of) Ikea. I found some neat things that did not break the bank, and some of it I actually needed! We ate cheap and wonderful hotmail hot dogs and drove back to Reno. Jody was awesome enough to come take care of my animals, so all we had to do was let Riley out and crash.

Saturday: the smoke alarm battery died at 5:30 am, and I was alerted about this by Riley, who rarely climbs up onto my bed unless there's an emergency. She panted in my face and stood on me until I got up. The chirping unnerved her and made sleeping impossible. We tried removing the battery, replacing the battery, and even hitting the button (VERY bad idea) but could not get the chirping to stop because the battery cover would not snap back on. Imagine our friendly conversation. We couldn't stop the noise, continue sleeping, get maintenance to respond, or leave Riley in full panic mode, so we took her with us almost everywhere today. We stopped by the office three times, and each time I was assured that the one maintenance guy working had tons of leftover work orders to do, and could definitely get to it by tomorrow. We came back from dog class determined to rip the smoke alarm out of the wall, but it must have sensed that because it made no more peeps. Riley is calm- finally. Good grief, the day she had. She was stressed until we left to get a battery (I bought an extra) and was running out the door to escape the noise. Every time we came back, she panted and pleaded for us to make the noise stop. We took her to get a bath and her nails clipped and she only pooped on the tech a little bit this time! We took her to two parks and another dog class and wore her out. Long day for Riley. We left her to rest after her dinner and went to a nice dinner ourselves. Then we went to Best Buy where Tracy got me some speakers for my laptop so I can listen to music throughout my apartment! She set up the speakers, got me set up on iTunes, downloaded the pictures off my camera, found a cord to charge my Kindle, and taught me how to use Windows 8. Aaaaaaaaaaand cut.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

1 comment:

  1. I have just one question- what is a hotmail hot dog? I did not realize we were eating those.

    ReplyDelete