Friday, August 2, 2013

Compression! Art and Fire Festival pictures

We got there just as the performances were starting.  There was a lot of stuff like this: people waving around things on fire.


There were these huge poles set up behind the stage that would punctuate performances or the applause with giant burps of fire.  The blasts on the left are those poles- there were six poles with three... um, branches (?) each that set fire blasts in different directions.  There were three huge cannons set up that burped really huge blasts, as you see here.  When ANY of those things went off, you could feel it.  My friend's son had to move to a different spot to get away from the propane smell.  (I was told it was propane.  I have no idea.)

The smart people watched from the parking garage, away from the fumes and flames.


My phone camera is not nearly as awesome as other people's, especially as it got darker, but this was my favorite out of the pictures I took.


These girls were pretty awesome, but my favorite group was the Tahoe Fire Dancers, especially this girl:


That's a rope, people.  She swung that thing around impressively, and that's saying a lot, considering that everybody was swinging things around.  I stole this picture, clearly.  Check them out: http://tahoefiredancers.com/id22.html


Some people got uncomfortably close to the front row, where I was totally ok with not sitting.

Aaaah, stop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment