Tuesday, September 10, 2013

She is a leftie

After Riley has her last potty at night, she gets a cookie. Tonight I took a while, puttering around. She impatiently waited. When I walked back into the bedroom, she gave me a 'sup nod, like, "Oh, there you are, are we doing this or what?" I waited more, putting the cookie aside and pulling out her brush. I took off her collar and she relaxed. I held her head up as the rest of her body sank under the brush strokes. She laid down and sighed. I brushed and snuggled her for a long while, but when I stopped, she sprang up- "Cookie?"

"How about a kiss?" I asked her.

She huffed and licked my glasses.

The trainers told me not to make it easy, see. They said she needed to do something impressive to earn her cookie, so I usually hide it or make her do tricks. She knows shake, but she doesn't like her paws touched, so she'll wave her paw in the air in the hopes that it's enough, but if you wait and insist, she'll barely graze your hand with her paw and perhaps leave it there for a second before drawing it back.

"Nice to meet you, Riley," I said. "Shake."

Her paw shot out and smacked into my palm with steady pressure as intense as her glare. I laughed and laughed while she ate her cookie.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment