Thursday, December 10, 2015

Stressmas

I evicted a couple of stink bugs from my storage unit and now I feel horrible. They were all snuggled in for the winter and I just threw them out into the snow. Actually, they are still in the cardboard boxes they took refuge in, and they're on the landing, but I still feel horrible. I told Ant that and he asked if I thought about putting them back in the storage closet and I said yes. He looked up from his phone- I could see him in the reflection of the sliding glass door as I pondered at the balcony- and he was just staring at me. "Would that be insane?" I asked. I did put the boxes together to provide some protection from the outside.

He helped me set up the tree and he decorated it. I taught him how to make baked chicken and we talked about politics. We made plans for dinners and then he helped me purge my gift wrap and tiny box collection. I organized my gift wrap bin and begged friends to do their gift wrapping at my place. Ant said the problem is that I don't give and send enough presents. I like that solution.

I landed smack in the middle of my annual Christmas anxiety tonight. Let's hope I get a grip within the next ten days. Tomorrow is supposed to be ugly sweater day because that's a thing now, so I'm going to wear my lovely green Mickey Mouse Christmas t shirt for the potluck that I just remembered is next Tuesday and I bought a goddamned bundt cake for it tonight. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment