Thursday, October 20, 2016

Class


I'm in this two day class and it's interesting and I'm learning. Mom, you will be pleased to know that we watched a Brene Brown TED talk. I had seen that one before, and it smacked me around again. I also called myself out on two behaviors that are not awesome (I'm trying to give you the highlights here) and tomorrow I have to tell a story. I am having trouble deciding. Nothing feels like a story. I have these silly anecdotes, but they're short, and nothing is coming to mind other than this amazing experience I had when coming out of anesthesia after surgery. I don't know if that one is fully formed, though, so I'm trying to come up with other ideas and they all just feel irrelevant or lame. And let me clarify that irrelevance is irrelevant here- the story can be anything, and it can be shallow or middle ground, but it cannot be deep, deep dark down because this is not a therapy session and you don't want to scare anyone off.

The few stories I heard today were not stories like I think of them, so I feel like I have to tell some great, crafted, rounded story that includes my lesson, tears, and laughter. I think I have my answer. I am going to read some blogs and maybe that will jog something.

Above is one of the many quotes today, but I really loved this one, and feel like I should staple it all over my furniture and my forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment