Saturday, February 25, 2017

Be our guest

Sarah texted me the other day, telling me she'd found a really nice futon at the thrift store. She said it was in really nice shape and looked like it had been kept in someone's spare room- hardly ever used. She sent me a picture of her husband flopping on it. He wanted to make sure it was a good piece of furniture.

This was Mom's idea so that I wouldn't have to give up my living room when I have guests. I don't mind that, but it is a pain in the ass to have to take apart and remake the couch every day. When Ant lived here, he would leave the sheets on the couch through the week and only take them off and put my couch back together on Fridays so that I could have my living room for the weekend.

This find saved me a trip to IKEA and a whole bunch of money, though to be honest, I think three of my friends and I were all looking forward to spending a whole bunch of money at IKEA. That's alright- I'm sure we'll go anyway.

It is a very nice futon. The mattress is thick and the frame is sturdy AND it has drawers underneath. I'm hoping to host a couple guests soon and I also wanted to make sure I had a reasonable place for Ant if he needs a place to stay. It's clean and it's nice and she got this thing for $35. I thought I was pretty good at finding deals, but Sarah is amazing.

Now all I need is a bigger place. No, Mom, I am not moving that bookshelf. At least, I don't plan to for now. I am cleaning up and eyeing the current state and seeing what I can rearrange. I love a puzzle, but I think I may have finally smushed as much as humanly possible in here. 

As long as you don't need anything on the bottom shelf, it's fine.


The futon has been tested and approved.

Yes, I am adorable, and yes, Jenny will be covering the mattress to protect it against cat presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment