Monday, April 3, 2017

No, you may not come bake a cake in my microwave.

I played well at tennis tonight, which felt nice. My hips are screaming as they always are these days, but I'm gonna finish my burger (and veggies- I have been resisting the fries), feed the cat, go sit in an Epsom salt bath, then do the calm lady half of my yoga DVD instead the half with Rodney "Arm Killer" Yee. Then it will be homework time and- probably five minutes after that- bedtime.

I'm in one of those get shit done phases, so I'm trying to take advantage of it. Today I sent the request for a new insurance agent and interrogated my financial institution about their external transfer system. I got a lot of paper off my desk today, but that's not saying much. Both here and at work, there are many piles. I'm trying to decide what to do with 5 pieces of paper a day. Please ask me how that's going so that I'm embarrassed into keeping that up.

Last night I had 3 friends over for dinner after kickball practice, a picnic lunch, a long walk, and frozen yogurt with them. I made pork tenderloin with roasted butternut squash fries, and Nataliia sautéed some yellow squash, zucchini and onions. For the tenderloin, I tried mustard as the moisture and crushed potato chips as the breading, Ma. It was pretty good, and I astonished myself by eating mustard. I also have some horseradish mustard that I bought when I was crazy, and tomorrow I will try to dig out a hot dog from my freezer to try that.

I went to a Tupperware party on Saturday night and of course bought something or two. One is a mold to make granola bars. I realize that buying Tupperware is just like buying office supplies- it's an expensive illusion that you're going to get healthy and organized. I'm fine with that, though, and I do want to try making my own bars. My favorite part of the evening was when the hostess was asked as a (totally non-leading) party game question which three guests were most likely to throw their own Tupperware party, she started by saying, "Not Jenny, because she's too busy." Hahaha. Yeah, so back off, Tupperware lady.

Onward to another full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment