Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Duck! Art is everywhere!

Here I am again.  Hi.

I am watching the Extreme Couponing show and my feet are propped up.  It feels wonderful.  I got 11,670 steps today.

In Art History we finally got to Chapter 23.  What is so special about this chapter, you ask?

Monet!  Renoir!

Manet, Degas, Cassatt, Whistler, Toulouse-Lautrec, Seurat, van Gogh, Gaugin, Cezanne, Rousseau, Munch, Klimt, Rodin, Gaudi!

I've been looking at pictures of Jesus for months!

Not only have I been looking forward to learning about these artists, but as an added bonus- I know their work!  Even if I've haven't seen a particular painting before, I recognize the style.

After school I went to pick up Ant and find some fabric for my book projects.  We dug through the clearance bolts and found some crazy prints.  The fabric cutting table lady was awesome.  I explained what I was doing and she translated how the fabric cutting works.  She made sure I had extra but not nearly as much as I likely would have bought.  Ant was helpful for a while carrying multiple bolts and finding weird patterns but lost interest at the cutting counter and started asking when we were leaving.  He wandered off as the cutting lady and I bonded over our love of bargains.  She had this neat little watch hanging off her apron and I asked her what it cost.  She said it was there at Joann's and was $10, "But I didn't pay that," she scoffed.  "I used a coupon."  We were chatting away and suddenly here's Ant pushing a cart down the aisle, shopping.  What a goofball.

I'll be back to write more tomorrow while I'm spending twelve hours at school.  Good grief.

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I love your blog. I wish it would get "discovered" and gazillions of people would read it and comment on it. Maybe you could even get paid to write it! For now, my sporadic comments will have to do, though. Go Jenny!

    ReplyDelete