Monday, May 16, 2011

Pyramid Lake

On our way to Nixon, NV


The Nixons


We stopped a couple times before realizing that we needed a permit.  You can see a small sand storm across the lake...


... and a larger one at the north end.  Hmm, what are those mysterious forms?


To the right you can see a closer formation: the pyramid that gives the lake its name.


Here's a closeup of the pyramid- don't I take nice pictures?  Just kidding, I stole that off the internet.


Jasmine celebrated the scenery by eating it.


She seemed to like it though.


We kept stopping to take pictures as we got closer to the formations.  Chris took serious pictures with his camera, I can't wait to see those.


I didn't realize I was taking a picture of him just after losing his hat.


Where'd it go?


Ant, go get my hat.


Please go get my hat?


What a good kid.  The wind almost blew him right over as he climbed back up.


The closer we got to the north end, the worse the weather got.


Every single turnoff had a name and a permit requirement.


I like this one so much.


Chris took this picture of Riley covered in melting snow with my camera.  How come I can't get them to come out like this?


We reached these signs which forbade us to go any further so I took some last shots in a full circle.











Then we left.  Here's my last shot on the way home.


4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous place...loved your pictures. Why were you limited as to where you could go? No more road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up on a ranch in Nevada and would often go to Pyramid Lake to find lizards, snakes, etc. I miss the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, im a local dude who grew up fishing and camping at pyramid ..im 45 yrs.old now and still love it.i have many awesome pictures and experiences at this lake..i would love to share photos

      Delete
  3. My comment posted before I was done heehee. Thank you for posting these pictures!

    ReplyDelete