Monday, May 16, 2011

Can't sleep, of course.

I should build this into my schedule.

It's the night before a new semester so of course I can't sleep.  I really hope that's what the problem is, anyway.  Ant had a temperature of 102 last night and Chris and I both felt terrible.  I don't have time to get sick- I may have to curtail my work schedule so that I don't overdo it.  I'd rather miss work than school.

Yesterday we drove out to Pyramid Lake because I had never been there and Chris had only been there on towing jobs.  We were listening to Regina Spektor on the way up.  She's like a livelier Tori Amos- her songs are beautiful and interesting and oftentimes you have no idea what the hell she's talking about.  So we were listening to this particularly haunting song when we came over the last hill and saw the lake.  I just scrolled through a ton of Google pictures but none showed the crazy turquoise color we saw.  I'll get pictures up soon, I promise.  The lake was turquoise and spotted with these long stretches of darker blue from the shadows of clouds.  The water was framed by the pale tans and greens from the trails and sagebrush and the soft bluish purple of the mountains with enormous brilliant white clouds above them.  We took a ton of pictures.

I'm going to try to grab that last hour of sleep before my alarm goes off.  Big money, no whammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment