Monday, May 16, 2011

To keep Tracy entertained.

Four posts in one day!?!?  And two are picture blogs!!?!??!  I know, what did you do to deserve such gifts?

Well, I thought I should (procrastinate on homework and) tell you how my class went this morning.  I am suffering some serious karma because my teacher conducts class exactly the way I would: committing endless digressions.  We veered in so many directions that I got lost and confused and really wanted some coffee.  She promised she'd stop at 9:40 daily to give us a twenty minute break but she didn't seem to see the clock until 10:07.  I skipped to the cafeteria only to find that it is undergoing renovations.  NOOOOO!

We're supposedly packing two weeks into each day, but I'm pretty sure her tangents will eliminate a lot of work.  I got 7 handouts today not including the syllabus.  In an especially interesting development, I have a presentation tomorrow on Bluebeard.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to talk about but I'm going to read the story again (I haven't read it in at least twenty years) and read through the handouts and try to wing it.  I chose Bluebeard because I remember it being an especially horrible story.

"Let's put it this way," I told Chris.  "You know how all the fairy tales have been 'modified' by Disney to have happy endings?  They haven't touched Bluebeard."

So off I go to read and try to figure out what to present.  Oh, and BTW, grades are posted.

Book Arts  A
Art History  A-
Proposal Writing  B
Literary Nonfiction  A

No comments:

Post a Comment