Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ceramics

You've been waiting for this, I know.  I thought I would use a real camera but then I would never get it done, and I am in a productive mood.

Let's start with the crap.


My teacher passed right over these in the critique, ha ha ha.  These were originally going to be bookends, attached to slabs of clay and standing upright.  I was going to make signs from ASL to say "I'm fine."  The green should be resting on its unfinished side and pointing to the chest, and the purple should be standing up with the thumb touching the chest.  I started these early on when I was still floundering for ideas and by the next day I had a better idea and abandoned this project.  By the last firing, these two were still sitting on my shelf wrapped in plastic and I thought I would just throw them in for no good reason.  My friend in the class thought they would make funny paperweights.


This is also not my favorite.  I liked it better unglazed.  If I had more time I would have made him much bigger with defined spikes.


I do like this.  I left most of it unglazed and just used black and a little pink on her ears.


Tracy thinks she looks like a giraffe, which is fine.  She's already part goat, part bat, part sheep...


Wow, that was a little dark.  Sorry.  I sent out my other project, which were little puzzle pieces.  I took pictures of them but I can't find them right now.

This is my favorite.


Chris thinks we ought to make tiles and sell them as flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment