Saturday, November 5, 2011

He's moved on from swashbuckling.

Ant needed supplies for his pyramid project and I had good coupons for Michael's and Joann Fabrics.  We were possibly picking up Bubba and we needed groceries.  We also had to take Chris to work because he got a tooth pulled this morning and was doped up on Vicodin.

The plans to get the garage organized completely fell through due to the sudden tooth issue.  We took Chris to the dentist this morning and had his prescription filled by noon.  We took him back home so he could rest up before work.  Ant and I hit the thrift store... okay, I have to back up.

On Wednesday, Chris and I were at my favorite thrift store and there was this huge table that came with two leaves and ten chairs.  I didn't see a price but hovered over it until a sales lady came by.  She said it was already sold so I said damn and continued shopping.  When I went up to the register I asked her how much the table went for.  $250.  Out of my price range.  She said to give it two solid days and come back on third day when they opened.  "I don't know what it is," she said, "but my customers tell me all the time that it works."  So that's what I was doing at the thrift store.

I found a table



for the right price but I couldn't fit it in the Dodge.  I had to come back to get the van but it was filled with stuff that was supposed to go to the dump or the recycling place.  We were going to do that after we straightened out the garage.  Ant and I drove over to the recycling place to find that it was closed.  We went back to the house and emptied out the van and went to get the table.

"I'm kind of excited now," he said as we left the thrift store.

"Excited about what?"

"The table," he said.

:D  Yes, me too.

We got back and Chris met us at the door to help get the table in and told me it was perfect.  He said he had Justin coming to take him to work so I decided to wait around so I could ambush Justin with my portrait project for photography.  I was waiting all day to hear from Bubba's dad (who is busy with a very serious family problem) and finally got a negative on the sleepover front.  I gathered up all the coupons and shopping lists and reusable bags and couldn't find my frickin frackin keys.  This has been my favorite thing to do lately.  We searched and searched and I FINALLY found them in my sweatshirt pocket.  Yes, the one I was wearing.  We got in the Dodge around dusk and as we drove up the street I wondered why it seemed like my headlights weren't on.  I pulled over and checked and- Oh joy!- they are both out.  I explained to Ant that sometimes the universe sends you signs that you should just stay home.  Thinking back over the evening, we realized that we had been getting many signals that seemed very clear in retrospect.  Message received, Universe- we're staying home.

So here I am writing this.  Ant went to watch a movie.  It was Warrior Something... or Blah Blah Warrior.  Whatever it was, it looked very comic book-y and kind of neat.  Maybe I will review it someday.  But in the middle of writing this, I sent the table picture here and to Dad, so he called me to talk and by the time I got off the phone, the movie was over and Ant was quiet in his room.

"What are you doing?" I called.

Ant came out of his room with a smile.  "Kung fu," he answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment