Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Favorite Summer Moments

As we return from our walk, the sun is just setting, illuminating every drop of water the sprinkler shoots across our front walk. The grass was cut today so the lawn looks and smells lovely. There are still some clumps of roses on the bushes against the garage- and it's there the sprinklers are aimed to reach. Ant's staying over at a friend's house, so it's just Chris and me and our two dogs that have to cross the water gauntlet. I go first and try to time it on the way with the ever present reliance on luck. I get sprayed. Riley is next and she knows she'll get wet, so she just skirts the bushes. Her face is scrunched up but one eye is blinking so she won't run into the steps. Chris sends Jasmine through and she doesn't rush but follows Riley's path against the bushes, wagging her tail, padding towards the door and blinking a lot. The girls shake off the water and we all watch Chris. He stands at the edge of the garage, poking his head out with his cool guy sunglasses on. He measures, then starts to jog through. He gets sprayed in the face and laughs.


I love coming home to find the sprinklers on. I'm starting to wish I could bring everyone I know to the edge of my walk at sunset and watch how they decide to cross. Not only is it an interesting personality test, but it's also impossible not to laugh when you're running through a sprinkler. Except for the dogs, of course.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment