Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Now that I've made an obnoxious bitch of myself...

It's time for everyone's favorite thing: a complaining blog!

Don't worry, I had a wonderful time with Mom and I'll get some pictures up,  but right now I am annoyed, so that takes priority.

I was supposed to walk with Jody today, which was a good plan because I would be home early. I let her know I was home, that 8 would get something to eat, and meet her soon. I ate and heard the toilet running. Continued eating. Still running. Went to investigate. Jiggled things. Went to get my super book of knowledge, read about toilets, went to fix toilet. Fix did not work. Called the office.

"Is it overflowing?"

"No."

"Then it's not an emergency. You'll need to come sign a work order."

Jesus, really? The simplest problems require me to go to the office, sign a long and unnecessarily complicated form, and decide which part of the day I want someone traipsing through my home: the part when I'm at work or the part when I'm at work.

"Will your dog be confined?"

She'll have to be if you want to make it in the door, huh?

I've had to do this twice already, and both times I've managed to sound as exasperated as possible, which will surely inspire them to help me as much as possible. I answer frustrated phone calls all day and I know these are not their rules and should behave better, but if I don't understand or agree with the rules, then I will get snotty with whoever is enforcing them.

"I don't understand why I have to come in every time."

"It lets us know that you're authorizing the work order."

Were they having a problem with residents prank work ordering each other? Whatever. I'm sure there is a totally valid reason for this that just escapes me. Sigh. These are serious problems- don't laugh.

I walk back home and find that the toilet has stopped running.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment