Saturday, November 3, 2012

Winged turds don't strike me as helpful or necessary.

I got in and out of the DMV in 22 minutes today. I suspected the same thing applied as at the laundromat on Saturday afternoons: nobody's there. The DMV lady said Saturday afternoons are always boring because everyone thinks they close at noon.

I wondered on the way over there if I had brought everything I needed. As I approached the info line, I saw a big sign about car registration and proof of insurance on the vehicle. Oh. I pulled my insurance card out and- yes! It had the Toyota on it! I had already added the car, received the card, and put it in my wallet. But then, at the desk when I pulled out the paperwork, I found that I had already printed out the proof of insurance and neatly folded it in among the DRS and smog forms. I am way ahead of myself.

So I got to hit the post office and sit outside with Riley, put some things away and feel super productive like the organized badass that I am.

Then it was time to go to the laundromat. I was at the light by my apartment when a cop pulled up next to me.

The sun had JUST set, so it was nowhere near dark, but he shined his spotlight in my face to get my attention. I looked over and he motioned for me to roll down my window. I did, and he said that my right brake light was out. My exact words:

"Wow, really? I just got this car!"

I have no idea how that reads, but it apparently sounded argumentative to him.

"Is that good enough, or do I need to write you a ticket?"

Whoa, dude. I said I would take care of it and he gave me the most insincere smile I have ever seen and drove off. Nice people skills- that will come in handy when you need to diffuse and not escalate situations. Not to mention that he looked about 20, which probably only means that I'm old. Young whippersnapper.

But REALLY. I reacted with surprise alone- I am not stupid enough to argue with a cop. Maybe he's used to being argued with, but let point out his age again- he has NOT been doing this for long. This is one of those assholes who became a cop for the power trip. You didn't find drugs on me after I ran a stop sign or anything retarded like that- my flippin BRAKE LIGHT was out. How am I supposed to know that? You, sir, are a winged turd. Read that as wing-ed.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment